Tutoring: W & Thrs. 8:00 - 8:30. In addition, a morning review will take place on quiz / test days beginning at 8.
1st Semester - Science
2nd Semester - Science
Welcome to Science! We will have a fun and exciting year. I am very interested in making this year a successful educational experience for your child. We need to keep the lines of communication open. Please feel free to contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-290-1510. Parents, please make sure that you utilize Moodle/ Canvas throughout the year for lessons, homework, tests, projects and updates. This will help keep you up to date with class.
There is a online textbook that will be downloaded on the laptops.
Course Description: (from the North Carolina Standard Course of Study)
- Earth Systems, Structure and Processes
- Energy: Conservation and Transfer
- Evolution and Genetics
- Forces and Motion
- Structure and Functions of Living Organisms
- Science Notebooks: Thought the year you will be collecting information in your science notebook. This notebook will include lessons, daily warm-up, objectives, labs, notes, diagrams, charts, and graphs. This will be one of the most valuable resources. You will be expected to keep up with it daily. The majority of information found on quizzes and tests will be obtained from this notebook.
- Quizzes: Quizzes will be announced in advance and cover the content that we previously discussed. Information for quizzes will be directly taken from class discussions, homework, reading assignments, take home notes, and handouts. If absent on a day of a quiz, you are responsible to make up the quiz on your first day back.
- Tests: There will be tests throughout the year. You will have a test after the completion of each unit. Multiple tests will be given per unit (dependent upon the amount of information covered).
- Projects: Group and individual projects will be assigned throughout the year.
- Labs: Labs will be conducted during class and students will submit a written lab report to be graded.
- Homework: Homework will be assigned as necessary and due the next class period.
Grading Policy: 25% of grading will be from tests. 20% of grading will come from Projects. Classwork, Labs, & Quizzes make up 15% each and 10% of grading will come from student homework.
Assignment Policy: Assignments are to be turned in on the assigned due date. Please refer to the grade level expectations regarding homework and projects.
Safety Contract: Safety is the number one concern in lab. The students will be expected to behave appropriately. Please sign and return the safety contract as soon as possible.
- Be where you are supposed to be and on time.
- Be prepared and on task in class.
- Respect the rights and responsibilities of others.
- Strive for excellence
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.