Tutoring Hours: Tuesday Morning @ 7:15
Thursday Afterschool from 3:15-4 p.m.
Welcome To Mrs. McLean's Biology Class
ATTENDANCE & TARDIES
The definition of a tardy for my class is as follows: you are tardy if you are not in the room and in your seat when the bell rings. Students who are late are required to have a tardy pass from the office.
Students are expected to be in the classroom on time daily. If an absence is planned, please notify Mrs. McLean as soon as possible and use canvas to access missed content. If an assignment is due during a planned absence, it must be turned in early or it will be considered LATE work. When students are unexpectedly are absent, it is their responsibility to access assignments/agendas through the canvas page or hard copies in the "while you were out" box in the classroom.
LATE WORK & MORE:
1. If an assignments submitted after an answer key has been shared will not be accepted.
2. For late work: you will lose 5% for every day (including the weekends). For example: if an assignment is due on Friday and you submit it on Monday, that would be 3 days late.
3. No late work for a unit will be accepted AFTER MIDNIGHT on the day of the unit test.
4. In the event that we move to a hybrid learning environment: All hand written work needs to be scanned and uploaded as ONE pdf file. Multiple pictures will not be accepted. We will go over how to scan using an iPhone or an Android in the event this is necessary. There are also other ways to take screen shots and put them all on one document and save it as a PDF file.
5. A GREEN FONT font must be used for all typed assignments. Points will be taken off for not following directions.
6. It is your responsibility to check your Canvas notifications! There may be a time where you may have uploaded a blank document. Remember, you can not receive credit until I have received your work.
All students will create a personal review sheet based on the unit objectives and vocabulary for the unit of study we are covering. The information and requirements for this document are linked to the home page of our Canvas. Additionally, plagiarism will not be tolerated.
There will be no credit given for submitted work that is not yours. That may include the following scenarios:
Students guilty of the above mentioned instances will receive a zero and an administrative referral. Parents will be contacted.
Students are expected to observe all rules set forth by the Student Handbook by Marvin Ridge High School and Union county at all times.
IN-PERSON & VIRTUAL INSTRUCTION:
(Please note that certain behaviors will directly result in a discipline referral.)
4. Canvas discussion post etiquettes:
Etiquettes for Email Communication
1. Include a subject line. Example: Jane Lee 3rd Block: Ecology HW
2. Always begin your email by greeting your teacher. 'Dear Mrs. McLean,' or 'Hi Mrs. McLean,'
3. Then, write a brief comment, such as “I hope your day is going well.” or "I hope all is well at your end." This helps create a stronger interaction between you and your teacher, just as you would in person.
4. Be respectful; ask rather than demand.
5. Clearly state the purpose of the email: be concise & to the point.
6. Avoid the text lingo: use proper spelling, grammar & punctuation.
7. Do not write in all CAPITALS. This makes it seem as if you are shouting at the receiver.
8. Use exclamation marks sparsely.
9. Before hitting the send button, reread your email & make sure to check the impression of your tone.
10. Allow the proper amount of response time. Follow up using the original email if you have not received a response after 24 hours (week days) and 48 hours (weekends).
Helpful Hints for Success
Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. ~ Benjamin Franklin
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.