Welcome to Creative Writing Honors!
Communication and Contact Information – email@example.com
I respond promptly to emails during school hours, M-F 7:40am-3:15pm.
Emphasis in this course is placed on creative writing for students who desire to refine these skills and work with others to improve their creative writing. Students will expand on their powers of observation, imagination, and language. Additionally, students will be exposed to various forms of creative writing in the fields of prose, fiction and nonfiction (i.e. poems, fiction, creative non-fiction, etc.).
By the end of the course, you should understand the following:
- the basic techniques and terminology of fiction writing
- the basic techniques and terminology of creative non-fiction writing
- the basic techniques and terminology of poetry writing
- critical reading skills for critiquing fiction, essays, and poetry, both one’s own and peers’
- a workshop method of critiquing creative writing
- the importance of revision within the creative writing process
Composition book or notebook of choice with at least 150 pages
- Be respectful - in person and online.
- Be prepared daily AND participate in person and online.
- No food or drink allowed in the classroom.
- No electronic devices – cell phones and iPads must be off at all times and in the pocket holder on the wall.
- Cheating is a major violation and will result in a zero – plagiarism is considered cheating.
- Follow the discipline policy in the student handbook
- class assignments
Late work will receive a deduction of ten points for each day it is late.
Absences and Make-Up Work
- You are expected to make up any work missed because of an absence.
- Check Canvas for the presentations you missed.
- If an assignment was due while you were absent, it should be turned in on your first day back to school.
- PLEASE NOTE: All make-up work must be completed in accordance with school policy.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.