Sports and Entertainment
Marketing Honors 2 - S2
SEM 2 Honors - Mr. Jamerson
Teacher: Tom Jamerson, D107
If you need to contact me, please email me: email@example.com
I always try to return emails within 24 hours (not including weekends)
Office Hours: Fridays - please email me for an appointment
Course Description: In this course, students develop an understanding of selling, promotion, and marketing planning of sports, entertainment, and event marketing.
Final Test: 100 Question multiple choice test worth 25% of your grade.
Grading Scale: Weighted
Your grade for each six weeks will be based on classwork and participation (30%), quizzes (10%), tests (30%), and projects (30%).
Small 3-ring binder or spiral notebook for classwork, notes, and assignments. Also, an additional notebook for daily warm ups and a folder for handouts.
- Students are expected to be in class ON TIME and to be prepared for class each day.
- Students are expected to bring their charged Chromebook and materials to class each day.
- Please use good Internet Etiquette when online in Microsoft Teams, Chat, etc.
- Students are expected to show respect and courtesy for themselves, one another, and their teacher. This includes paying attention, following directions, not talking when others are talking, and refraining from inappropriate and/or hurtful language. In addition, students should respect the school and our classroom and work to keep their area clean.
- Students are expected to follow all other rules set forth in the student handbook.
We will run this classroom like a business - S&E Marketing 2 is your job for 90+minutes/day! This means:
Collaboration with your team
Stay on task - do excellent work
Don't leave while in a meeting (ie: during instructional time you should not take a bathroom break)
Respect your boss, yourself, and others
Adhere to deadlines
Earn rewards and incentives!
Policies for classwork, projects, and Make-up Work:
- All classwork should be completed during class time; if not, then it becomes homework. All assignments and due dates are listed on the course Canvas page.
- It is the student’s responsibility to complete the work assigned on Canvas.
- There is a no late work policy in my class. If you attend class and use the 90 minutes per day for Sports and Entertainment Marketing 2, there should be little to no homework.
*There will be times during the year that we will be utilizing media to illustrate some of the functions and features of marketing. This may include portions of shows like "Sports Center," "Get Up," "First Take," "Shark Tank" or "The Profit." If you have any issues with this, please email me.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.