Click the link below to become an observer for this course.
You will need your student's computer in order to complete these directions.
Welcome to 6th Grade Science!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19, each student MUST have THEIR OWN supplies!
Supplies for Success:
- charged Chromebook
- 3 subject notebook
- handheld sharpener
- colored pencils or crayons
- glue sticks
- water bottle (or 2)
Optional but helpful: ruler, felt tip markers, highlighters, personal hand sanitizer
*** CHARGED laptops are a DAILY requirement for science class. Please charge your computer EVERY night. ***
1. Respect classmates, teacher(s), and science materials as well as our classroom expectations
2. Come to class on time, prepared with supplies, a positive attitude, AND ready to learn.
3. Maintain your science notebook according to teacher instructions.
4. Complete classwork and homework as assigned AND on time. Due dates are on your Canvas Calendar, as well as, in your weekly announcement.
5. Check your Canvas Announcements and Calendar DAILY.
6. Study for tests and quizzes outside of class.
7. Keep track of your progress by checking Canvas for assignment information and PowerSchool for your exact weighted grade.
8. Submit a help desk ticket for technology issues when needed.
- Check PowerSchool, at least weekly, to monitor your child’s progress in science.
- Become a Canvas Observer and bookmark the login page for easy reference.
- Check the Canvas Calendar regularly for assignment due dates.
- Notify the teacher, via email, or other situations that may affect your child’s participation.
*Resources and directions for ALL assignments will be posted in CANVAS. Please become a Canvas Observer. In order to view our websites, you’ll need to be a Canvas Observer. Click the link at top of the syllabus for directions.
Missing assignments will be accepted UNTIL the day of the unit test. However, students MUST email the teacher if they complete missing work; PowerSchool WILL NOT be updated otherwise.
It is your responsibility to complete your work on a daily basis. This includes, if you do not come to school on your assigned day. Email your teacher if you are unable to complete your work due to illness or other extenuating circumstances.
- Classwork/Homework 40%
- Assessments* 60%
*Assessments includes but is not limited to tests, quizzes, and projects.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.