SPANISH III HONORS
SYLLABUS - SPRING 2021
Planning: 2nd period
Room #: 802
This intermediate level honor course expects a prior foundation of knowledge and proficiency that permits the students to work at an intermediate-low level broadening and deepening his or her skills.
The course has an introduction and four thematic chapters that contain two separate vocabulary and grammar sections. The students will have activities for Vocabulary & Grammar, Listening, Writing, Speaking, Reading, and Culture.
- Follow instructions the first time that are given.
- Raise your hand (virtually or literally) for questions.
- Do not use cellphones during instructional time.
- Follow the Code of Student Conduct at Parkwood.
- If a student leaves the Canvas page during a quiz or test for any reason, it will be considered cheating; and the grade will be zero.
- All the quizzes/test will have time limit.
- Study the vocabulary, practice the grammar, and try your best.
A 90 - 100
B 80 – 89
C 70 – 79
D 60 – 69
F 0 - 59
Every student receives credit for his/her effort when an assignment is turned in on time. Otherwise, the student will have a penalty of 15 points per day.
Notebook, pencils, and earphones.
DAYS TO ATTEND SCHOOL:
- Monday & Tuesday: Last names A – K
- Wednesday & Thursday: Last names L – Z
- Friday: Remote learning for all students
According the UCPS Board Policy 4-1, High School students will not be required to take a teacher-made final exam in a course in the following situations:
- The student has an average of 90 or above the week prior to the administration of the exam and has no more than 2 unexcused absences in the class; or
- The student has an average of 80 or above the week prior to the administration of the exam and has no more than 1 unexcused absence in the class.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.