Junior Seminar Syllabus Spring 2020 - Room 1525
Jeslyn McFadden and Kelly Whitley
Dates of Junior Seminar – Fridays Only
January 10, 17, 24, 31; Feb. 7, 14, 21, 28; March 6, 13, 27; April 3, 24; May 1
February 25 - ACT Testing
March 25 - SAT Testing
Junior Seminar is designed for third year Early College students. This seminar will include weekly check-ins, Naviance career and college curriculum, individual enrichment assignments, group and one-on-one guidance from counselors and guest speakers.
The goal of Junior Seminar is to plan and prepare UCEC students for high school graduation, completion of an associates degree and transition to life after high school.
- Review and understand high school transcript.
- Review and understand the four/five year academic plan for graduation.
- Discuss current course load and strategies for success.
- Develop a better understanding of college entrance exams (SAT/ACT).
- Review PSAT and PreACT scores to identify areas of growth.
- Research various colleges and degrees offered.
- Review various college admission requirements and expectations.
- Learning how to plan, apply and pay for college.
- Discuss various types of post graduation plans and life skills.
- Positive attitude
- Weekly attendance
- Participation in all activities
- Respect learning environment
- Arrive on time with a computer and ready to work
If expectations are not met, administration will be contacted and
UCPS disciplinary policies will be followed.
First Day Activity and Review Class Syllabus and Survey
Review Pre-ACT and PSAT Results and ACT vs SAT
College Match Activity
High School Registration and Transcript Review
SPCC Registration - Ms. McClain
Create a Graduation Plan 4 or 5 years
ACT Pre-Test Session
February 25 – ACT Testing
Jostens Class Rings
UCEC Alumni Panel
SAT Pre-Test Session
March 25th - SAT Testing
Student Panel – Class of 2020
Mock Admissions Activity
End of Class Celebration
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.