Syllabus -Visual Arts III
(May be altered due to timing/class time)
We will be looking at expanding your skills in a variety of media to produce work that will allow you to continue on to Independent study, as well as AP visual arts if chosen. We will be using a variety of different media’s, some that you may have to purchase and others that will be provided for you. Below is a proposed schedule of the work that we will be starting with. Timing of assignments and their deadlines may be altered depending on time committed to work and completions early.
Class Level: 11, 12
Class overview: This course is meant for third level advanced art students who are have completed Art I and Art 2. Skills learned in Art 1 and 2 are incorporated and enhanced through this course. Each students will use their prior knowledge in the previous courses to investigate more thoroughly two-dimensional and 3-dimensional projects. Students must show initiative and good work habits in addition to being interested in art
Supply List for Art III
- Sketchbook at least 9 x 12 size, non-lined
- Variety of drawing pencils (HB,2B,4B, 6B, 2H, 4H, 6H,)
- Kneaded Eraser or pink pearl eraser
- Modge Podge
- White 2” binder for holding handouts, project criteria, etc.)
- Colored Pencils- at least 24 count color ( I recommend getting Crayola or Prisma Color, or Staedtler, Crazy Art are not true colors)
- 2 Black ink pens, fine point ( sharpies are ok)
- Paper stump, or blending stick
- White charcoal( can be stick or pencil)
- 2- 16 x 20 Canvas’s ( Can be purchased at Art Supply stores, ( Michaels, A.C. Moore, Walmart, Target, etc) ** won’t need for the first couple weeks of class)
- Egg cartons, etc. paint tray-egg cartons work or get a re-usable plastic tray.
- Soft pastels, or chalk pastels (get a set that has at least 24 colors in it)
- Container or box for you to keep supplies in that is transportable. (I would recommend that you take supplies with you and not leave in room.
- A set of paint brushes, variety of thicknesses
- Rubber cement or hot glue gun with sticks
- Sheet of Plexiglas for printmaking
- Etching tools/needle for hatching pattern for printmaking
- Watercolor paper
Art 3- Project List/Topics
Morphed object projectt
Cut Paper Collage
other assignments TBD
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.