Art 1 is the broad introductory study of art techniques and processes as it relates to creating works of art. The emphasis of the class will be on 2-dimensional works based on known historical styles and methods. The aim of the class is to progress your understanding and capabilities as it relates to producing art. Project deadlines are based on the scope of the assignment. We will thoroughly practice historically-proven methods. Practice will culminate in a final assessment.
- The still life and drawing from life
- Two point perspective and architectural rendering
- Op art and gradual value with color
- Creating an Abstraction
- Painting the Sphere achromatically
- Painting a still life
- Developing Mood and personal expression in a composition
- Personal Pencil sharpener
- Personal drawing pencils (2h will work)
- 1 fine point black pen
- 1 small and 1 medium sized brushes
- 2 16x20 canvases
Your grade will be determined on the total possible points earned per project, daily work habits, and focus. You will receive two studio grades per 6 weeks based on that focus, work habitats, cooperation, and properly maintaining your art space.
Art is a career oriented and lifelong pursuit.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.