6th GRADE YEARLY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The students will be preparing for a winter concert in December and a spring
concert in May. The year will consist of learning the basic fundamentals of
instrumental music to prepare for the upcoming years in band. We will also
be working towards a positive attitude, commitment, a strong work ethic,
The learner will develop skills in music: rhythm, aural, and performance.
The learner will develop their knowledge of music terminology.
● Understand rhythms in literature studied.
● Understand musical terms in literature studied.
● Understand the quarter note beat unit.
● Understand basic music theory.
● Understand lip slurs on brass instruments.
● Sight - read appropriate musical examples.
● Perform four major scales in one octave.
● Perform four drum rudiments.
Upon completion of their 6th grade year, the students will be able to perform 4 of the 12 major scales and/or rudiments. These scales will be a prerequisite to continue to the 7th grade level of band.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of
course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course
structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.