8TH GRADE MUSICAL THEATRE SYLLABUS
* Be on time for class.
* Participation is an essential part of the class.
* Be prepared, have all required materials ready.
* Listen carefully and follow instructions.
* Respect yourself, each other, respect the work, respect the
process, and respect the teacher/director. This includes being
respectful of times when students are acting or presenting a
* Students are expected to listen and be a good audience.
* No food, drinks or gum. Throw trash in the trash can.
* Put away all props, costumes, and resources used for class
* Keep the Drama related to class—
* Complete all assigned projects.
Performances are a TEST GRADE and ALL STUDENTS are
REQUIRED to be THERE!
Assessment and Grading
Materials Needed for Course:
Separate 1” binder for class notes,
Handouts, sheet music and scripts.
Set of dividers (5 tabs)
In this Course We will Focus on:
* Enhancing self-awareness and self-confidence
inspiring creative expression
* Improving focus and maintaining concentration
* Enriching communication skills and social interaction
* Developing physical and vocal expression using drama & music to
promote and cultivate reading, writing, speaking and singing
* Deepening understanding of human behavior within the context
of drama and music
* Promoting cultural understanding
* Acquiring historical perspective by exploring different periods
and styles of theatre & music.
Units of Study...
Vocal & Dramatic Terms
Melodic & Rhythmic Dictation
Sight Singing & "Cold Reads"
Vocal Health and Technique
Singing in Unison & 2-Part Harmony
1-Act Play Per Semester (Student selected and student
"Shrek Special Music Festival" Event
Black History Month Production
Musical Production - "Madagascar Jr."
(These performances will ALL take place in the PRMS Pit)
Poe Play - Tuesday & Wednesday, October 29th & 30th (during RA Classes)
One-Act Play "America" Theme --Remembering our Veterans - Thursday,
November 7th (during RAs.)
Winter Concert - Monday, December 16th @ 7PM
Black History Month Production - Thursday, February 27th (during RAs) &
7PM in the Pit
""Madagascar Jr." - Thursday & Friday April 2nd & 3rd @ 7PM PRMS Pit
Shrek Special Music Festival" Friday, April 24th (During School Day)
Spring Concert - Tuesday, May 12th @ 7PM in the PRMS Pit
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.