6th Grade Syllabus
Units of Study:
- Vocal & Dramatic Terms
- 10-Minute Short Plays/Monologues
- Vocal Health and Technique
- Singing in Unison & 2-Part Harmony
- Theatre & Music History
- Broadway/Musical Theatre
Assessment and Grading
- Participation 40%
- Tests/Quizzes 20%
- Projects/Assignments 30%
- Warm-ups 10% Class Expectations
- Be on time for class.
- Participation is an essential part of the class.
- Be prepared, have all required materials ready.
- Listen carefully and follow instructions.
- Respect yourself, each other, respect the work, respect the process, and respect the teacher/director. This includes being respectful of times when students are acting or presenting a project.
- Students are expected to listen and be a good audience. This means no side conversations or head-phones in class. No food, drinks or gum. Throw trash in the trash can. Put away all props, costumes, and resources used for class performances.
- Keep the Drama related to class—
- Complete all assigned projects and homework
BRIDGET.BURROWS@UCPS.K12.NC.US / (704) 225-7555
Materials Needed for this Course:
- Separate 1” binder for class notes, Handouts, sheet music and scripts.
- Set of dividers (5 tabs)
- Student Laptops
- Loose-leaf paper Pencil/Pen
In this Course We will Focus on:
- enhancing self-awareness and self-confidence inspiring creative expression
- improving focus and maintaining concentration enriching communication skills and social interaction developing physical and vocal expression using drama & music to
- promote and cultivate reading, writing, speaking and singing deepening understanding of human behavior within the context of drama and music
- promoting cultural understanding
- acquiring historical perspective by exploring different periods and styles of theatre & music.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.