Honors English I with Ms. Williams (2nd block)
Office Hours: By appointment/during planning 4th block (2:40 - 4:00)
Phone: 704-290-1565 (7320)
Course Description: English I is a required course which focuses on skills defined in the Common Core Standards being used across North Carolina and the United States. In this course we will study literature from various countries and time periods. In addition to literature, we will focus on vocabulary, grammar, and writing. Writing areas will involve narrative writing, informational analysis, and argumentative.
Classroom Rules and Expectations:
1. BE ON TIME AND IN YOUR SEAT READY TO WORK
2. BE RESPECTFUL
3. NO CANDY, FOOD, SODAS, GUM, ELECTRONIC DEVICES, AND GROOMING ITEMS SHOULD BE OUT DURING CLASS.
4. Cell phones, iPods and other electronics should be off and inside your bag! I will confiscate them if they are out during class.
- All class work is to be turned in the day it is assigned in class. Late class work will receive half credit.
- Reading and writing assignments will be given as homework at my discretion.
- Late homework will be accepted one day late with a deduction of 10%.
- Homework is due at the beginning of class or as indicated in Google Classroom.
Grading Scale- Grades in this class will be given on a points system. Each assignment will be worth a certain amount of points. The percentage can be determined by dividing the points earned by the points possible.
Final Exam – The final exam for this class will be a\ NCFE. More information will be made available as soon as possible.
**Students have access to documents and homework through Google Classroom.
***Homework assignments are written on the board in the classroom. Students are responsible for writing down assignments.
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.