POB Obj: 3.03 Part 2 My Career Choice (on paper)
- Due No Due Date
- Points 25
- Submitting a file upload
Obj: 3.03 Part 2
My Career Choice
(last rev. 10-2018)
Directions: In Obj: 3.03 Part 1 you researched three different possible career choices using the “Decision Making Process” discussed in this curriculum and you pick one to further expound on. Continue your career research by answering the questions listed below. Some references that can be used include: http://www.bls.gov/ooh/; https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges; www.cfnc.org; https://www.naviance.com/, https://www.dol.gov/ and, https://www.labor.nc.gov/ .
This information will become part of the presentation in Obj. 3.03 Part 4. Place your answers in a presentation format using Power Point, Google slides, or PREZI. Be sure to follow the attached grading rubric, and include a title slide/frame that contains the following: Student Name, Date, Class, and Teacher.
Note: When uploading the assignment be sure to include a header that has student name, date, class, and save the file as: Obj. 3.03P2- yourlastname.
- What is the job title of your position?
- What industry or career field is your position in? Ex: medical field, agriculture, banking and insurance, or information technology (IT)
- What education/training is necessary to get this position or work within this field?
- How long would it take you to obtain the required education/training?
- What are the job responsibilities associated with this position?
- What is the average beginning salary for this position?
- Name two possible places that you could work?
- What possible advancements could you make in 5 years?
- What is the average salary for this position after 5 years?
Keep in mind the decision making process listed below:
Step 1: Pinpoint your objective
Step 2: What you need to know
Step 3: Gather the information you need
Step 4: Select an appropriate decision-making style
Step 5: Establish decision criteria
Step 6: Identify alternatives
Step 7: Weigh the pros and cons
Step 8: Make the decision
Description of criterion
threshold: 5 pts
Total Points: 5 out of 5