Pretend like you have been given $5000 to spend on your dream vacation. You do not have to spend the whole amount, but you cannot spend more than $5000. Today you will plan your dream vacation. You will create a small poster with the following information.
- Decide where you will go on this vacation. Write your destination at the top of your paper.
- Decide who will go with you (remember- the more people that go, the more expensive the vacation). Record how many people are going on your poster.
- How many nights will you stay? Record this information on your poster.
Now that you have decided the basics, it is time to do some research.
Your job is to choose your destination, and come up with the most accurate overall costs of the entire trip, including:
- Travel Costs - costs of flight, car rental and gas (based on miles covered)
Use the following websites to help you:
- Food Costs - food for all meals during your trip - are any meals provided for free with your accommodations? How about taxes and tip?
Use Google to look up restaurants nearby.
- Lodging Costs - Are you staying in a hotel, motel, or some other special arrangement?
- Entertainment Costs - This includes entrance/admission fees. - What types of entertainment, tours, etc. will you partake of in this trip?
Use Google and type in cool things to do in…. Or family friendly activities in...
- Other Costs - Take into account other costs that will come as part of your trip.
Once you have researched your trip, you will neatly compile all this information on your poster. If you have time, you can draw some pictures to decorate your poster. Good luck!