Tucker - Parenting & Child Dev - S2
Tucker - Parenting & Child Dev - S2
UPDATE!! Just want to make you aware that my online office hours will be on Fridays from 12:00-2:00 PM. I will be online of course throughout the week and if you have any questions/concerns just email me and I will respond within 24 hours. We will navigate through this together so don't stress about it, I miss you all and hope to hear from you soon! For this class, I will be posting an assignment by 8:00 AM on Tuesday. You will access this assignment as we did in class, go to Modules and scroll to the very last module. This activity will be for you to work on Tuesday and Thursday.
Parenting and Child Development Syllabus
Welcome to Parenting and Child Development. I am looking forward to a GREAT semester. I have high expectations for you and what you will be learning. This course is an important class that will teach you skills that you will use the rest of your life. This class is different from some of your other courses. I expect 100% effort from each of you! There are some important things that you need to know that will make our semester run smoothly and provide the best environment for you to learn.
CLASS EXPECTATIONS (RULES):
- Mutual respect for yourself and others
- Be at the appropriate place at the appropriate time with the appropriate materials
- Always do your best
- Follow all school rules
- Verbal warning
- Parental Contact
- Administrative Referral
- 3-ring binder ( 1 ½ inches or larger) with Loose-leaf notebook paper
- Pens, pencils, highlighters
- Glue sticks
- Class assignments & quizzes 60%
- Tests 40%
- Starting Class:
- Bring all necessary materials with you to class
- Sharpen all pencils & get materials out before the bell rings
- Begin class every day by logging into Canvas and beginning your assignment. You start class!!!
- During Class:
- No talking during announcements
- Remain quiet and attentive during teacher instruction
- Participate in class discussions with relevant thoughts and ideas. Raise hand if you have a question or comment and wait for teacher to call on you
- Working in groups:
- Be respectful to everyone in your group
- All group members are expected to participate
- All group members are responsible for making sure classroom is the way you found it. Leaving the classroom not properly cleaned will result in a grade deduction.
4. Leaving room
- Only if absolutely necessary.
5. Leaving class
- We do NOT line up at the door at the end of class. With 2 minutes left in class, you may pack up your things. Remain in your seat until the bell rings.
6. Absences/Make-up work
- It is your responsibility to obtain make-up work. Check the file box for your class to get any missed handouts. You may get all of your missed assignments, handouts, PowerPoints, etc. on Canvas.
- You must schedule missed tests with me.
- Teacher’s desk is off limits unless given permission.
- No exam exemptions for CTE classes. All students are required to take the final exam.
- Any electronic devices (cell phones, iPods, etc.) must be turned OFF and out of sight during class.
1.0 Understand the Parenthood Decision
2.0 Understand Child Care Issues
3.0 Child Birth and Development
4.0 Physical Development and Care of the Infant
5.0 Recommended Care of Toddlers
6.0 Understand Children Ages 3-6 years old
Let’s have a great Semester!!!
Ms. Erica Tucker
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.